Monday, July 29, 2013

Book Review: Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight

I've been reading a lot of fantasy books lately. I love a good fantasy book but sometimes they can all kind of mesh together and seem like the same story with just different characters. I've been feeling that way lately, so when I found myself looking for a new book to read, I perused my Nook's library and found "Reconstructing Amelia"....I have been wanting to read it for sometime now and I'm glad I chose to read it. This book was a page turner for me, I read it in less than a day....ignoring the housework, my kids (to some extent), my husband and even losing a few hours of sleep just to read "one more chapter." I don't want to give too much away and I won't do a long, boring summary so here's the gist of it...Hardworking, single mom who has a great relationship with her 15 year old daughter, gets a call from said daughter's exclusive private school saying daughter is suspended...by the time she gets there her daughter is dead, from what looks like an apparent suicide. But is it really suicide? Lies, betrayal, mean girls, secrets and more....it had me guessing until the very end. Sometimes sad and heartbreaking it struck a cord with me....everyone has known someone who has been bullied...and this book shows it from a grieving mother's view (after her daughter's death) and the teen's. If you've read it, leave a comment below...let me know what you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment