Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Book Review: WallBanger by Alice Clayton

I love a good book that has a main character that is loveable! Alice Clayton has done just that with her main character, Caroline Reynolds. This woman is not unlike many "typical" woman. She has a career, great friends, her own awesome apartment and an awesome campanion in her cat, Clive. I love how relatable Caroline is in this book. She's quirky, funny, strong-minded, opinionated and she's also been through one to many disatrous encounters with men ( we've all been there now and then..right?) and now has lost the power of the "O" (as she refers to it). In her desperate search to regain her "O" she meets a guy she dubs "Wallbanger."

This book came to me as a recommendation from a friend. I laughed so many times while reading it. Caroline and Simon's banter throughout the book is really great. I also enjoyed how Clive, the cat, was a major player in the story...the author wove him into the story flawlessly...at times you kind of feel like he's a real person. Raunchy humor, mixed in with a love story....how can you go wrong?  I don't really have anything I didn't like in the book....the only thing that was torture was the sexual tension between Simon and Caroline. Would they? Wouldn't they? I couldn't put this book down and would rate it as 5 out of 5 stars.  I would recommend this to anyone looking for a fast, fun, quirky read!

No comments:

Post a Comment